View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 11:20 AM

I still disagree with you Tom. A Cabby, Slingshot or Flexi, North, etc. is just better quality. As far as the bladders are concerned, do you think that your bladders are made any differently than mine? Maybe just that they aren't one pumps. The problems I have been having are at the ustick attachment point. That is a one pump issue and is easily repairable. Do me a favor, feel the canopy of your old C kites and then mine side by side. You can't argue that the fabric is thinnner, it is a fact. That's all I'm trying to get across here.

And I'm not bashing Best in the least. Just saying that an older one may be worth just $200 complete but that there are other old C's worth much more because of the extra reinforcement put into them that's all. I already admitted that the Waroo would be my preference when offered a Slingshot flat kite and am actually sitting at my desk at work as I type this with my old GTO at my feet ready to ship and 1/2 of Amber's Christmas present - a brand new 2006 12M Best Waroo on top of my desk. So no Best bashing, they just got my business!!! But I will go on record as saying that I think the older ones were $300 new for a reason. People bought what was right for them at the time. But a used kite will take less wear the better made it is. That's all.