Thread: ???LP NP WED???
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 09:23 AM
tomstock

Colin and I rode skyway last night! It was freaking awesome! It was blowing between 16-20 knots and we were well powered and boosting.

I had a few idiotic moments like when self launched to find my board hanging from my lines about 20 feet up. The line had pulled into the velcro and the board would not budge. I did 10 minutes of some pretty creative flying and crawling to finally get the board close enough to remove the velcro from the lines.

Then, a truck pulls up and points his headlights on us so he can watch us jump.... I got blinded by the headlights, ran aground, and when I fell my bar hit the ground and sent my kite from one side of the window to the other. I ended up doing this big unexpected horizontal pendulum swing transition and landed FLAT on my stomach about 15 feet onto the beach in soft dry sand!

I bounced twice, and immediately, my kite, now over water, rockets me back into the water at top speed.

I'm sure the guy in the truck though this was some sort of trick and was impressed.

LOL it was an interesting night, but the riding was good.