View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Kiters are the Greatest!!!

How’s it going everyone? I haven’t posted on here much at all but, I just wanted everyone to know how amazed I’ve been by the stellar character of all the kiteboarders I’ve met. Every single person I’ve met through kiting has just been the best people. So willing to go out of their way to help. So supportive. And just so damn friendly. Not like the surf culture I grew up with. And unlike most other extreme sports cultures. Kiting is so wonderful all to itself, but the people involved just make it that much more spectacular.

I lost my board a couple of months ago and posted it here on the forum. Steve Sadler wrote me and offered to loan me a board the next day so that I could ride. He said he had a couple I could buy cheap or if I didn’t want to buy one he would lend me one until I replaced mine. At this point Steve was a complete stranger to me and I was to him. I consider this an unusually generous and awesome offer. Thanks Steve!

I’d also like to thank, more recently, Josh Taylor and his brother. They found and returned my board that I lost yet again this past weekend. You guys rule! How many people would do this? Perhaps, it seems, this happens more often in the kiting community. It truly is a blessing.

To tell the truth, I could get by on the stoke of kitesurfing alone. But the fact that other kitesurfers are so great, simply make it that much more fulfilling. Thanks to all of you and keep up the amazing reputation!!

Kevin