Thread: anyone see..
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 08:21 PM

Steve-O,

I and a handful of others rode the skyway today. I would say that everyone that I saw out there stayed way up wind and there wasn't more than 6 people on the water at one time. Everyone seemed to be on the look out for each other by launching and landing kites. I know at times when I was coming to land my kite, I kept my hand on my QR in case something happened.

Al-kite-a, CrazyJ Chris, and I did a DW from Gandy to Lassing. I saw at least 20 Nurse Sharks out there today along the flats and the biggest I saw was close to four foot. We decided a DW run would be the safest thing to do with the conditions that were out there today. Nothing but wide open water in front of you in case anything nasty came through. Usually heavy rain and squalls are on the eastern side of a TS or Hurricane. So we knew the winds were going to be steady and somewhat safe but it never hurts to expect the worst.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Kevin. It sucks to have the media exploit this accident to make him look like an idiot. Lets just all learn from of it and be safe. This accident for the media is our 3 mile island and it will be around for quite sometime. Let us all refrain from talking to the media as they will twist this around and write it as they see fit.

Kevin I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
Sincerly