View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guana Cay
White sound link is the most accurate. It reads about 3-4k high.

Tow in unlikely with any size on Elbow. There is no deep water channel near by. There are several spots on the Western end of Guana. There is an inner and outer reef. All the inner spots are paddle out. The outer reef breaks when it gets big (10'+). A couple of the kids had gone out by boat. The reef is narely. The best spot for big surf in a point beak 100m off shore. Flat rock bottom. Has held up to a 20' swell and makeable.
Jet ski would be better for rescue when caught inside.
Thanks for the insight on the info from the White Sound sensor. One of these days I'll hit it over that way.

I had heard that Chuck Patterson out of California and Hawaii had done some tow-in surfing off of Elbow Cay but wondered where and in what sort of conditions. Sounds like a great spot.

Hey A.J., you are right from what I've seen. Then again, it looks like you have hundreds (thousands?) of other great spots throughout the archipelago. Too much to hopefully saturate with folks in our lifetime. Just flying over the islands on the way to BVI or the ABCs the immensity and abundance of empty beaches, launches, reef breaks can blow you away. It really is better in the Bahamas!

How about that event? After tooling about 65 miles down the coast last Saturday, I am up for some new scenery. An inter-island run would be interesting. How about something in the Sea of Abaco or along the Atlantic side of the island arc, say from Hope Town to Little Harbour or Spanish Cay to MOW or ... ? Lots of possibilities.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi