View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil Kenevil View Post
Kevin(optionryder420)- We are all well aware of your lack of respect for authority,rules, certifications, and all that.(remember the parking situation discussion?) We will now refer to you as "Fonzie", because you really are too cool for rules. aAaaAAAYYYYYYY........... MAybe you could pound the jukebox and play a song for us, cool guy.

Mr. Fonzarelli(Fonzie),Did you explain to your student the kitemare with launching your first student? (I am sure he would be glad to refresh your memory about his trip to the hospital)
about my worthless certification-Behind that worthless paper is a whole bunch of knowledge. Would you like to discuss location risk asessments, lesson plans,teaching psychology,basic meterology and oceanology,aerodynamic principles pertaining to kites,the Coriolis force, or the Beaufort Scale? How about something really simple, such as the Venturi Effect? These things and more are all taught to instructor candidates (IKO) by a KITEBOARDING PROFESSIONAL.(IKO Examiner) They are tested with written exam(no multiple choice) in detail. Also graded on class presentations of above mentioned subjects, and live teaching situations. I almost left out ALL the SAFETY stuff, including rescue with a boat demo, and first aid/CPR certification. I have yet to take the PASA course, maybe you would like to join me so you have a leg to stand on?
So, Kevin (and a few others) the certification is only worthless to you, mainly due to your lack of respect for anything that isn't "rebel".People like you make my goal of promoting SAFE kiting MUCH MORE DIFFICULT! Its not that I am "holier than thou" its that I am more educated than thou pertaining to kiteboarding and situations like this.
I did explain to him the situation with Josh. It served as a warning to how powerful the kite is, and how accidents can happen. Not to mention Josh was NOT someone I was teaching, I THOUGHT at the time he knew what he was doing. So Technically that puts me in the same place as the person whom launched the guy at the skyway.

And did they really go in depth over the venturi effect, Coriolis effect, and actual aerodynamics of the kite? And do you really think explaining these things to students will help them, I honestly don't.

My father is a firefighter/ems and my mother was a nurse, do you really think I don't know a thing or two about first aid, CPR, and what to do in case of an emergency?

I've been riding here, sailing here, and living here long enough to know about the locations, where would be best to teach and how to go about doing it. I won't be bothering any of you with teaching my friend so there's no problems with it.

I'm not getting tons of people to pay me to teach, so that's not the issue anyways.

The fact is, just because you have that piece of paper, doesn't make you any better than an instructor that doesn't. Doesn't mean your any worse either.

Also, don't try to pull the ONLY CERTIFIED RIDERS card, because it's not even a TRUE certification. It's not recognized by any government entity so it doesn't even matter.