View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 04:42 PM

I’m all in for helping to make things safer in a positive way. I think an arm band to signify basic skills or above to ride skyway sounds good, but you know some will take the option to object, and you need to have some one as an administrator distributor.

I do feel bad I didn’t take the time to talk to the injured rider when I saw him struggling on the water in very light wind. He had a large Monkey kite and a mid size liquid force board with too much rocker. Frankly he was doing better than four other new riders right up near the beach and I thought he’d get tired before it picked up. I was getting off the water just as it started picking up because I had a time limit and I did talk to another lower skilled rider launching a 16 Cab and warned him it was going to pick up.

My point is that our informal safety and access group would have been busy yesterday. I would have liked to been part of, no exaggeration, seven conversations regarding skills and judgment in the two hours I was there. It doesn’t leave much time for kiting but if it helps us keep our access I’m willing to help.

Bob