View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Toby, I don't know why you feel you need to single me out and make it personal attack every time I voice my concern about safety.

If you aren't disagreeing with me why exactly did you choose to single me out on this thread?

If you actually showed up to ride once in awhile you'd see that I usually spend more time helping beginners, recovering boards and launching and landing kites than I do riding. I've learned some hard lessons myself and am always sharing stories with beginners to educate them about the dangers of kiting.

You just can't agree with everything and expect to make a change at the same time. We definitely cannot promote safety by nodding and giving the thumbs up to everything under the sun while some newb launches himself into the black void.

Steve-O is now saying the same thing I got flamed for last season... remember when I said instructors should be certified and I questioned his experience? Remember how you flamed me for it?

I got roasted pretty bad and even apologized to Steve-O for it in person. But hey, it turns out he got certified and has gained a lot of experience, and I respect him for that. He's been doing a great job as far as I can tell and he's a pretty nice guy. It also seems he shares my opinion now regarding certification, imagine that.

Btw, I still believe instructors should be certified... but it is obvious that the training required for some certifications at the moment is not quite up to the level it should be. That IS a problem, but it's a problem of the certifying agency, not the certification itself. And of course there are some great instructors who are not certified... but that is usually because they let their certification lapse, not because they were never trained to begin with.
You may want to turn on ABC. I think the soap operas are starting.