View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Wow

Well I hope the guys is ok. Sucks he got hurt, and accidents do happen. Skyways a sketchie launch and really should not be ridden by newbies. Yeah I learned at Skyway when I first started but I didn't know any better. If I did, I would never have taken lessons with the person that gave me lessons there. Maybe if people are asking about lessons you should refer them to someone that does not teach there? No offense to anyone that teaches there, but if they do they are just trying to make money for themselvs. Start looking out for the riders that want to keep the launch open and refer them to someone that you know does not teach at Skyway. This will prevent a lot of these newbie riders from ridding there, because most guys that dont teach there tell there students it's not a good spot until you know how to ride.

I have to say after comming back from Hawaii, Kaulia Bay in Oahu make Skyway look like the best newbie Launch in the world! LOL The beach is about 20 x 20 for Kiters maybe! Then when the beach ends it just HUGE freaking Trees!!!!!! The spot to set kites on the beach has space for maybe 6 kites and that is pushing it! On top of that there is about a MILLION freaking people just hanging out on the beach! It hard to launch your kite because everyone is in the way! On Oahu this is consider the safe spot to launch! LOL Just glad to be in Florida where our beaches are big, and no reef!

Also on a another note! If you are tired of the crowds you should move up to Panama City, FL! There is about 8 of us here the kite regularly! The only good spot to learn is only accessible by boat only! I have seen a few guys who are newbies try to learn how to ride on the beach here when it's blowing 25 and the waves are 3 feet overhead! Let just say you usally see them ONCE and then usually not again! LOL If you do, they are up and riding by then!

RS