View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 AM

I hope the auction went well, I came across this too late...post here if you still need help. I really hate it when insurance companies refuse to pay. I think you should pursue legal action against the insurance company. There is a chance that after simply filing a suit, they will just agree to pay to avoid the costs of the lawsuit. Unfortunately insurance companies will deny claims because of the amount it saves them from people who do not fight back. If the amount is $3000 or less you can definitely file in small claims court, some go up to $6000. I would guess it is more than that, it is not that difficult to file in higher up courts representing yourself as well. The key to this is to represent yourself so that you do not pay legal fees and they have do. Even representing yourself I think it would be an easy case to win, especially in front of a Jury. Can you imagine the insurance company trying to convice 7 normal everyday people that they should not pay for a procedure recommended by that many docters?

A friend of mine recently had an insurance company deny an ultrasound for pregnancy stating it was an "experimental" procedure. This was for $1000 and after jumping through all the companies hoops and still getting denied, they filed in small claims court and they settled immediately after getting served.

Good Luck!