View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Thumbs down

I saw the rider (I’d never seen his face before) being dragged out of control towards the rocks near by where trees are. His Monkey kite eventually crashed against the fence and threatened to relaunch several times, the rider seemed to be badly injured at that time because he was not making any efforts to regain control of the situation. I was standing at the beach probably 60 feet away from the incident and the wind was approximately 17 knots. Luckily, the driver of a mini van stopped and grabbed the kite, I belive at that time the kite was already in the middle of the side road. I couldn’t imagine the kite relunching at that moment it would have been catastrophic and most probably would it have end up in the middle of 275. According to Randy the rider inquired about lessons earlier and also after the incident he was shaking and couldn’t move one of his arms also appeared to have a severely lower back wound. Three ambulances and a police car showed up at the scene minutes later. Not a pretty sight at all.