Thread: sunday
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Skyway Scott

NB is awesome on a N or NW. There is a reason all the windsurfers go there and lug all their crap all the way out there when it blows.

I would be surprised if it ever gets crowded there, for various reasons. It's the one spot you could proclaim to be "the best" and still most won't go. Glad you and Roy had such a great time. Because you guys are fairly new to that spot......

If a ranger ever asks you to leave, just do it with a smile (please).
It happens on rare occassion. This is not likely to occur this time of year, but starting in March they are under pressure from various birding/environmental groups to keep the area free of "disturbance".

Also, please don't ever ride in those little "kiddie pools", if anything could get us in real trouble with the rangers out there, that's it. Glad you liked it out there Toby, it's an awesome spot.

How many windsurfers were out there? How many kiters? I know about 6 showed up on the DW with Billy. How many rigged and rode there? TONS sounds like alot. I have never seen more than 8 rig and ride there on a non-event day.