Thread: sunday
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 07:53 AM

Angry

ya.. there was a guy hauling ass into the beach at BS SW and i thought he was showboating a bit and going to hit a transition at the waters edge..

nope.

he was on a big ass C kite and completely overpowered and heading directly for the back of my Ford Bronco parked back and off to the side of the beach. Some guys grabbed him.. not sure if he would have done the right thing and sent his kite the other way to avoid the collision.. but damn.. its one of those things I really would never want to see.

There was another guy giving a woman lessons out there too.. and the guy giving the lessons didnt seem to have his stuff together at all. his launch of his Flexi kite almost turned horrendous ...

For the love of God, Christ, Buddah, Pamela Anderson, whoever it is you pray to at night.. PLEASE do not kite at Backside Skyway until you have at least an intermediate skill level. It is a nasty, kite eating, board stealing, accident waiting to happen place.

Bad thing is that out in the channel there is enough room to accomodate tons of riders..

Get 5 on the beach and its full.

And Toby, I found your stash of mags.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa