Thread: sunday
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Skyway Scott

The wind picked up BIG TIME, about 20 minutes after we decided on our kite sizes, and 5 minutes before launching (typical). Me guinea pigging it out there for 15 minutes (and sinking and walking back upwind) was a total waste of time in determining kite sizes. All that "research" in garbage wind to have the wind fill in.... I was fairly frustrated myself that all of us (except the Donster on the 11m Instinct) were most likely gonna be super LITT.

But......with bows/hybrids... I guess my point is that even still, no one got t-bagged to infinity or worked like mad.

I still remember my last C kite downwinder (same exact run, mainly the same riders). It was also the first day I saw a Waroo, as well. It started off in the mid teens at the launch and ended at about 30 knots. I got my a## handed to me on my 13m Fuel once it went past 25.
Noel, on his 9m waroo, had a ball the whole time. That's the entire reason I started looking at non-C kites was that day. I was so jealous that Noel had one kite the whole time and seemed comfy the whole time. Meanwhile, I was out of control and not having fun, at all.

If those conditions occured today, I would have started on the 11m, been happy, and ended on the 11m, a tad happier, actually. (Well, if Donna wasn't on it!)