View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 PM

There was a newer rider out at EB on friday on an older fuel.. he kept crashing and I saw his board come pretty damn close to taking him out on a couple occasions. I was staying upwind of him because I saw him get overpowered and lose his edge near another rider.

Bad enough to have a kiter and kite coming your way.. add a board traveling at 25mph and it can get more serious ...

I talked to him off the water and told him my thoughts on the board leash .. didnt tell him what to do.. but offered my advice..hoping he would take it.

Cut to about 15 minutes later and some guy drops his C kite and it goes flying down the beach.. luckily it was easily caught and no one was hurt..

i walk up to him and ask him what happened and he says "damn my loop broke.".. I say "where is your kite leash" .. he says "ya.. i forgot that".. so i tell him as directly as i can without sounding too much like an a-hole "do not fly your kite without a leash..ever". He gives me the WHATEVER look and goes to get his kite. I can see him talking to his friend, probably calling me a dick .. but what more can I do. Never seen the guy before .. but hopefully he will think about his leash next time even if he does not like me.

I remember being a newbie and i remember one forum post that was put up by a local rider complaining about a newbie that got in his way at EB.. and that newbie was me. I posted back apologizing but saying that I was out there all day and only once got a bit out of control and ended up in the main part of the water where everyone was flying.

Its tough.. but I never went out without a leash..ever..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa