View Single Post
Old 10-19-2004, 09:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

It was great to meet Pete Cabrinha and see the premier of "Metropolis" last Friday night, October 8, 2004 in Coconut Grove. A version of this writeup with full sized images appears at:

http://www.fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=259

A LOT of kiteboarders turned out to checkout this great new flick, to see Pete and talk over what an outstanding
week of riding it had been.

Early arrivals

Kent Marinkovic of Adventure Sports,
Cabrinha distributor, does his typical effective emcee job as he introduces Pete Cabrinha to the crowd.

What follows are some fairly poor quality available light shots of the projected film. They can offer a
surreal quality of sorts however, so here goes. Be sure to checkout the clearing images above this account
as they are closer to the mark of what is presented in the DVD.

Pete being escalated into frame. They employed quite a few interesting special effects in the DVD along with
an intriguing sound track.

and the title shot!

A bunch of top Cabrinha riders turned out to style on video for the flick. Andre Phillip threw down no end of
great moves for the camera.

You even get to see another side of Andre?! Let the poor guy sleep.

The film delivers some interesting
locales such as Roratonga in the Cook Islands.

The guys eating the action up.

As Mr. Bill used to say ... "Oh No!"

Lots of intriguing sight and sound contrasts in the film.

Roll credits ... this is a highly entertaining flick, one worth checking out.

Pete not only brought a ton of large posters of his 70 ft. monster wave ride but graciously autographed them.

Kent and Mila showing off another monster wave ride by Pete, this time with a kite.

These few images provide a limited impression of the actual film. I enjoyed it as did everyone else that I spoke
to at the premier. So, why not checkout the real thing for yourself? I understand the DVD should be available
in the first half of November through Cabrinha retailers and possibly through the Cabrinha website for $29.95 USD.

http://cabrinha.com/

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi