View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Some photos shot rapidly on the way to work this morning using the GoPro LCD display. With still shots you may have the option of cropping but this often is a lessor option in video. Having a color LCD display with autopower off is quite an asset for video and certain types of still photography. I noticed in bright light a hood would help the viewing as is often the case with LCD displays on all cameras. A key advantage in still photography is the opportunity to do more minute framing to develop wide angle distortions and compositions without the normal guesswork or bracketing of photos.

Here are some examples. To really show it off I would need to spend some more time with it with some more interesting subjects.

My normal drill is to shoot multiple shots shifting the camera framing by feel for each one. Then comes cropping in Photoshop. With video what you shoot is largely what you get to a degree. Being able to see what you're getting up front is a distinct advantage. Underwater and for closer studies it is going to be a great advantage.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi