View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpetesal View Post
If anyone would like to take the time out to do more research then please do so, I can get a ride
Scott, if you can brief me on exactly how things were left with Shirley I will pick up the ball and see what can be done. Now that the issue has been brought to them it's better to follow thru in a somewhat organized manner, so they don't base any final decisions on the perception that this was an isolated or whimsical call from a single kiter.

I just don't want to call her out of the blue and break the continuity. Even if you can introduce me/or tell her I will call. But keep in mind these people are probably busy and don't want to be bothered with the same questions and inquiries over and over from different people, when we could show some group interest.

I think there are plenty of good arguments (aside from our own self-interests) for us to ride the bus which include:

- good use of taxpayer resources - better than seeing half empty buses driving around
- increase ridership for their system, good for their stats
- saves energy and emissions for us to drive vehicles back and forth
- demonstrates the diversity of the transit system and reasonable access to all who want to support mass transit.

If anybody has other thoughts and ideas please share them. There must be more than 4 or 5 people who have enjoyed this over the years. This is one of the unique features of living/riding at our Gulf beach's. It would be a shame to lose the privilege.
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas