View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 11:38 PM

Default Reply

Was working on getting outside bouys all day. Walked out a couple times but couldn't stay up wind. Being that it was my first time up and riding and the wind was directly on shore I kept comming in. The wind was lite all day and at the time of the accident I was acctually closer than my ususal riding distance cause I was comming in. I had just got into wakling distance of the beach and was putting my kite in nuteral. That's when the squall came on . I was unaware that squalls were normal for a south west wind and that spot as well, guess that's why my brother was so adiment about me keeping the kite low. Anyways from what I heard it was 35 knot gust that took me up. Never had this happen before so I dint know weather to try and land or pull release but by the time I second giessed it was too late I got dropped on the beach, dragged hit a tree went up the tree (funny saw the birds fly out of the branches as I was going up them) slamed again, dragged and hit another tree I think by that time some one came and released me . So that's the story. Thanks for the advice I will definately use it next time I'm out there or anywere for that matter. Don't want that happening again that's for sure.