View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Certs

Cerification, smertification...its more money making racket. Have you seen what they want to charge to get certify, $600 or more . There is no OFFICIALLY recognize certifing organization because certification is not regulated nor required, unlike SCUBA and other air sports. Yes, I know there are organizations, but they are not regulated. It's better to have someone willing to teach new riders rather than have people trying to learn on their own. I did it on my own and it took me 3 years to figure it out. I wish there was someone with a boat, willing to HELP me, let alone teach me. I'm lucky I didn't kill myself. I've been riding 6 years ( I don have no certification of any kind). Steve-O, I dont kno you, but if you have a boat or ski and are willing to teaching students away from other riders and OFF OF THE BEACH, then you will help our sport. Nothing is worse than a teacher, I don't care if it is Dimitri, yelling instructions at a student from the beach. I've seen it...it has been the norm for many years. As far as how long has Steve-O been riding, what does that have to do with anything. Have you seen what some of these kids have accomplished in a year. They ride for a year and are incredible. There are at least 10 little kids here in Miami, under 15, riding for a year thats awsome. Have fun, be safe respect others or get whats comin to you.

PAZ amigos
Jaime