Thread: New Wetsuit
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent View Post
buy what ever suit fits your budget, however the assumptions on kite specific suits are totally incorrect. NPX and NP for example do loosen up the arm area to allow for good movement. Additionally, these suits are blind stitched where the suit that you are going to get for $35 is probably a flat lock suit with wet seams allowing for cold water flush. How many times have you been bolting along in your surf suits on a kite and you end up with "kankles"? The water jets up your leg and stays there adding 20 lbs. of weight to you body. This sucks and is another example of using the wrong tool for the job.

Kent
Blind stitching has been on the market for years. Not only does my $35 Quicksilver have blindstitching, it's seems are welded on the inside. This is the warmest suit ive ever had, and ive gone thru alot of wetsuits.
These $300 kite suits are marginally better.....id rather put that $$$ into kites. ive been buying wetsuits since the 80's and its comical how these companys come out with gimmicks to outsell the competition, remember "titanium injected neoprene"? Rip Curl claimed "Titanium is 200% warmer than regular neoprene" well if titanium worked why dont we see titanium dust used in wetsuits anymore?. Then one year it was the copper inner lining thing that would make your skin turn green LOL.....
But If i were rich man id buy the top of the line stuff too, and not have to worry about shopping around which is a PITA and id drive a Ferrari Testossarosa Gucci sunglasses etc......