View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 10:23 AM

A lot has happened since I last responded. First of all, thank you to all who sent PMs with encouraging words - it's really nice to feel welcomed into this community.
I spent the weekend at Matheson. Saturday I spent watching and learning.
By the end of the day, I met a dozen or so really awesome people, all willing to help. I had no intention of using my kite, but they convinced me to get it out, so I did.
I bought a 17 Waroo and this was my third time inflating it. They helped me a lot and soon it was in the air. One buddy, Andres, stayed with me until almost 9pm, flying the kite.
Sunday, I returned and was ready to fly. I did... with the help of many others. After a few hours of body dragging and a few attempts to ride a board, the wind died and my time was over. But I will be back.

The cable water-ski idea is a good one. You are right, the better I am at the board, the less I need to think about it and I can concentrate on the kite.

Thanks again for the warm wishes and good, solid advice. I am listening and learning every second. I have several hours of lessons ahead of me (already pre-paid) so now I am taking a lesson, practicing for a few days (while watching instructional dvds) and then taking another hour or two to learn more.

I still have a lot to learn, but am making forward progress every day.
I'll report back again soon but now I need to got make some $$$$ to pay for my new addiction