View Single Post
Old 03-05-2008, 07:54 AM

The rear line a-b-c knots are simply for turning speed adjustments..
the only knots on your kite that adjust power are the rear line connection points.. yes the farther from the kite the more depower.. but......

you have to understand that the difference between 10mph and 20mph is VERY different than 20mph and 30mph.. there is some calculations that some others might know..but its something to the effect of "every 5 mph is essentially doubling the wind force".. I could be WAY off.. but its not like you can say.. "its blowing 20 now.. and when it blows 10 i can barely feel it .. so 20 + 10 = something i can take my 13m kite out in.."..
its a very common misconception and something that I had to experience myself to understand.. 30mph is 4 times as strong as 20mph (i think thats correct..)

you can barely stand up against a solid 30 wind.. its boarder line tropical storm conditions..

i weigh 200lbs and last week flying the 13 in gusts up to low 20 and it was nearly too much..and i consider myself a skilled rider.. if the wind had been solid 18 to 20 i would have been perfect on my 9.. that it was blowing 12 to 20 i had to use the 13 to ride in the lulls..

be safe..

i'd recommend picking up a 8 to 10 meter kite.. you will use it..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa