View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 08:17 AM
E-Bone

Default Kite Bagz now in production!

Now that I have been using my bagz to pack kitez, there is no way I am going back to screwing around with trying to coax a kite into a stock bag. It's a waste of time and hard on the kite. Because I liked the original bag so much, I decided to make several, especially after numerous kiters expressed interest in them after seeing me pack my 15m Ion in two seconds.

I have several new bagz ready, so if you see me at the session and are interested in a bag, let me know. I made the original bag after I got tired of trying to pack a big kite into its small bag. Currently, I have a righteous bag with an Elvis surf theme on it (this bag is the HEAT!), as well as a few others that are more of a general surf style. Each is labeled with the thug "Bone Bag" stencil, so everyone will know that you are down with the Bone.

The bagz are $50.00 each and will hold your biggest kite with ease. You will pay more at a marine shop for a sail bag that will not meet your needs as effectively (which is why I started making bagz in the first place). The bagz are perfect for local packing, so you can save your stock kite bag for airline travel (and keep the stock bag looking much newer when you decide to sell the kite). I make the bagz by hand and can design them to order for board bags, as well.

They look pimp--I've been grabbing cool fabrics as I see them. They are sturdy as well, lined with a heavy fabric under the exterior graphic fabric. If you want a bag with a certain fabric, like camoflage, Gators or Semioles, John Deere, butterflies, Muppets, whatever, I can usually find a fabric that meets the criteria. I even found some My Little Pony Fabric. Sorry, no Hello Kitty or unicorn fabric yet (damn). In the event that a fabric is really pricey, the price of the bag might change, but $50.00 is going to be the standard price for a large kite bag.