View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 02:42 PM

I've thought long and hard on adding footstraps to my board and heres the way I see it. The skim padz with the adhesive that stick onto your board are pretty sweet and I've heard they hold up quite well and no drilling is involved on the board. I haven't heard any real problems about the adhesive coming off or the footstraps themselves (BTW- I don't think footstraps are included in the cost of the padz, you'll prob have to buy those separate). Steve from WSW told me that he had put them on for a couple people and they held up very well. However, the only thing I don't like is you only have spots for ONE foot placement. It might not make a huge difference on your 5'4", but I've got a 6'2" and your foot placement for free riding is a little farther forward than for wave riding and if I'm spending a bill on footstraps I would need some diversity. I would be more keen on drilling in two separate foot placements for wave and freeriding. I'm pretty sure they could do it at WSW for cheaper than it would be to buy the skim padz and you'd have a little more diversity out of the board.

Let me know how that pans out,
-Bizel