View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:17 PM

Default Oil Spill, REACTION, concerns, ideas, help needed, tell us here, Deep Horizon Blowout

Many of us keep hoping that this potentially catastrophic event may be averted through ongoing efforts to stop the release, containment and collection efforts, through favorable weather to avoid spreading of the plume. Time and to a degree preparation will tell how things work out.

Despite that, we are concerned, worried about what will come about, why this happened, how well efforts are proceeding to deal with it and what will follow. What is on your mind, tell us here. We're all in this together.

Continued from:
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=9609

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

I just went fishing tonight out at East Beach. The water quality was impeccable, sea life was everywhere, and I caught tons of trout, flounder, etc. It was impressive to see all the life out there and the health of the bay. The variety and quantity of life I witnessed in less than 2 hours could not have been dreamed of when I was a young boy.
I have been in St. Pete for 40 years and seen the water quality and sea life gradually make an unbelievable come back from the days just following dredging to create finger canals and its associated harm. Not to mention the dumping of various pollutants into Tampa Bay that has been brought under control.
It's hard for me to fully express my gratitude toward the recovery I have seen. Anyone that's been here for 20 or more years or more has witnessed this recovery.

It is unbelievable to me that 40 years of progress may be wiped away (from all of us and nature) in the coming weeks from the shortsightedness and greed of one of, if not the, WEALTHIEST company on the planet. It makes me sick that they don't spend more time/money/effort protecting all our resources in their pursuit of oil (with redundancy in fail safes).

Yet, their CEO says he is "proud of their recent performance" True prick and no bigger loser imo, than a man capable of saying such crap in the face of a tremendous tragedy. That's what most CEOs do though; rape while pretending to cradle.

Last edited by ricki; 05-07-2010 at 02:13 PM.