View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:02 AM

Thumbs down

Bad experience...

I downloaded Skype to my laptop about a year ago one Saturday morning. I remember when I did it because I was not happy with what it did...

Without warning, Skype forwarded itself to everyone in my address book with a message that read something like this...
"Gary Henderson has sent you a message that he is using Skype and he has invited you to download it to speak with him" This may not have been the exact wording but it was the bases of the message.

The inconvenience was that some of my contacts are business owner that I only make contact with on occassion. I heard from many people that received the message wanting to know what I wanted to talk to them about and they also downloaded Skype...what a mess. Some of theses same people started hearing from some of the people they had in there address book that were receiving messages to download also...What a mess!!!!

I quickly fired off a letter to all of my contacts not to use or download this program and the message from me to them was not generated my me.

They may have changed the software so that this does not happen anymore or it just may not be an inconvenience to some.

Good Luck if you choose to download and beware of it sending messages to your email contacts.