View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 07:54 AM

If your speaking of the past races like the one that started at Honeymoon years ago, Tampa Bay Kite Masters for example. I was there.

I dont recall any discussion of buoys then.
I would bet there were no permits or insurance.
The race start was a nightmare with folks getting trapped at Caladesi Island.
Everyone started on the beach with even great riders getting tangled with each other. Brian Eagle for example.
There was zero boat or ski support.

If that's a race your comparing this too, then I say hypocrite.

This race had zero issues at the start. Everyone in water with time to spare.
Ski support provided the entire way.
Trolley support the entire way.
And alot of money raised to a good cause.
Everyone respected the swim areas, no wake zones, no anchor zones, or whatever you want to define them zones.

You have your agenda Brian. I can respect that but I don't have to agree.

As far as your count, you are also off. Almost 50 kites were ready to rock at 10am. Unfortunately some folks either gave up on the wind or had other obligations. Not to mention we made the call very last minute.

For you to assume that a turnout to anything is a reflection of anything is like concluding if a movie makes alot of money it must be a good movie.

I busted my ass to make this happen and I am proud to be a part of the stoke of kiteboarding.

One thing I can't stand in this world is a hypocrite. If you want to piss on a charity fundraiser then go ahead.

I don't know how you are as a kiter, but you are getting pretty good at publicly embarrising yourself.