View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:54 PM

The **** with that shit.

I'm fully capable of meeting all of those requirements, but in no way am I going to even try to if they are implemented.

I stay out of everyone's way, others just need to learn the same. Steve was downwind teaching and I'd walk through the grass out of his way the best that I could. I was underpowered a little later on so I had no choice but to walk upwind through that area a few times.

People need to learn not to sit on the beach with their kite straight overhead. Some guy was waiting for someone to land his kite, I walked about 15' away from him and he flew his kite almost directly into mine, and mine was at about 11oclock over on the water side. The guy was sitting and bitching about someone sitting on a truck not landing his kite even though he patted his head.

Who was it sitting on the truck? My friend, whom doesn't kite at all and doesn't know what the hell patting your head means. I tell the guy after just walking upwind of him "That guy doesn't kite, he doesn't know how to land a kite." What kind of response do I get? "Well he needs to learn!"
Well you need to learn to put your kite low moron, not fly it RIGHT into the path of mine...

Make sure when you launch your kite, you're ready to go. Don't sit there looking like you're ready to launch waiting for a while with your lines up in the way. Once your kite is launched, HEAD OUT! Don't sit on shore blabbing with your friends about your new board or whatever. If you're going to talk, land your kite and wind up the lines. Make kiting a little bit easier for all of us.

I set my kite up, launch and am immediatly out on the water. If I have my kite up in the air and I'm not riding, I'm WELL out of the way of people launching. Hence why I tend to park farther away from other people and am usually by myself or have one person with me to launch for me.

Less jibba jabba, more kiting.

PS: Downwind=kite low
Upwind=kite high.