View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 09:10 AM

good post Scott.

I think most everyone in the area will let people demo their gear for a bit so they can get a feel for the equipment. Considerations need to be kept in place depending on the riders ability.. but I know that I got a few sessions on Eric's Waroo before I bought mine.

Maybe if Eric had been riding his IONs at the time I might be with a different quiver of kites.. hard to say.

But the area is saturated with only a few kite brands and there are TONS more options out there.

Just that for me, if the ones here are tried and true and provide the fun that people want, its difficult to dive into something that is untested and hope that its all the marketing hypes it to be.

that being said.. i just put down 1000$ on something i have never rode before.. just read about..

so..

we will see.

And you cant dismiss a kite product based on how much it hypes itself... thats called MARKETING 101.. get that name out any way possible.
BEST just was the first company to saturate the name and hype products up to the point of unbelievability.. (HELLFISH!) and caused a huge stir.

They were on the brink of extinction when they hit the jackpot w/ the waroo.

Tho, BEST folks still say the Hellfish was the best C kite ever.. just that it was horrendous construction flaws.. who the f**k knows..
(that debate can go on forever)

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa