View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 08:42 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Ah, 220 lbs, it fits then. Despite that the kite has a lot of grunt even for a heavier guy. I would play with the kite trim both on the kite attachment and trim strap. I wouldn't move an knots but just attach your flying or back lines inside the outermost knot off the kite bridle. Yes, you may need to pull in on the red ball trim lines slightly to avoid the kite being oversheeted and "mushy" flight characteristics with this kite attachment point. You take it in a bit see how it flies in the wind you have, let it out a bit if necessary, experiment with it.

As you progress another thing you could try would be a shorter line set for stronger wind days. The shorter lines reduce the moment arm and power of the kite as you sine it. I was out in real strong clear wind conditions in Curacao within the week and had a chance to work on maximizing performance through trimming and technique in strong conditions. It works but you need to take your time with it and in lighter wind conditions for quite a few sessions. You're welcome!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi