View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

You are right Noel, way too many people don't bother to anticipate trouble or even do the least thing to try to prepare for avoid it. It is all about driving the golf cart, our sport can be way too easy until it isn't. I started in 1998 and almost didn't stay here. I can recall furiously trying to unhook in 2000 before quick releases came about, flying at high speed towards a house. I couldn't budge the loop off the harness hook. For the next four or so years, many of the quick releases introduced were unreliable including the early pin releases. This side release shackle should have been pulled from the market long ago. I was one of the lucky ones, there have been dozens of other riders far less fortunate. I wouldn't use either bar either as I passed along via PM, just bite the bullet and get an more up to date kite and bar system.

If you get caught out in a tropical system squall it is potentially the SAME thing that took that kiter out in Okinawa all those years ago. We have those squalls commonly during tropical weather season and plenty powerful too.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 03-24-2011 at 10:22 PM.