Thread: 13 2008 Waroo
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2008, 09:12 AM

i agree 100% Scott.. a huge issue with bow/hybrid kites is that riders take them out in conditions far above their "true" threshold. I am guilty of this.. the 2008 waroos will limit this to an extent. still has a great huge range.. but compared to a 2006 waroo it will max out sooner. and this IS a good thing.

and in regards to your question rick.. i have not been able to ride in anything above 20. It hit near 20 yesterday for a while and I felt perfectly comfortable on the kite.. It probably hit 20 last Tuesday but it was up and down..

I know that the stability and speed of this kite are beyond my expectations. I am the worst shopper in the world.. i change my mind 50 times before i make any purchase.. I just went with my gut on this and am very satisfied.

my friend Dan who i've been riding with since day 1 is equally as impressed and I think we are just a short while before he gives up his 12 and 14 2006 waroos for a 13m 2008. He was talking that talk that us kiters do before we make a purchase.. he was justifying the reasons.. hahah.. saying "well.. my 12 is getting a bit worn.." hahahha..

I am confident that the wind conditions will be covered with a 9/13 combo.

if you see me on the beach, let me know and I'll let you take it for a spin..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa