View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:40 PM

Just wanted to thank Scott on his insight into the weather events that happen here in the bay area. It always amazes me how obvious things are to him. He said all the signs were there on Friday night, but obviously guys pushed it a bit too far. I have increased our class at WSW to 3 hours to include some in depth discussion about weather events and patterns that take place in the bay area and I owe alot to Scott for his insight over the past few years. Imagine if you could sit and talk with a new kiter for three hours about the sport, then you get an idea of how much content we cover.

All of our students take this class about the fundamentals of the sport before they even hit a kite. I think it is truly an education that any new kiter would benefit from. If you know of anyone that might benefit from this type of lecture please send them our way. It will only be better for us all to have riders that are educated fully about the sport and its inherent dangers. Also, if anyone wants to sit in on the class and offer some suggestions to the curriculum please let me know....I would love to have your input. I hope this is not viewed as an attempt at pimpin but just a with all of the craziness lately, education will be a huge factor in the longevity of our sport. For what it's worth.