View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:47 PM

I was out there (Carl Grey) till about 10 am and it was nice ... super flat, shallow, and the wind was pretty steady. I was on my 13 Instinct with the new centerline leash setup - great to have when you're by yourself.

I found a kite leash with buckle on one end, loop on the other. Call me if you think it's yours. It was in the muck up by the northern part of the park.

I heard about this incident from one of the local windsurfers. He was there putting on his wetsuit when it transpired. He said the kite crashed on the beach, but he didn't notice anything unusual (remember, he's NOT a kiter). Said the guy was out "doing some jumps" etc. prior. Had his back turned and when he looked back around the kite was making a bee line to hwy 98. He ran after it but was too late. Said he felt bad that he wasn't watching the whole time.

I launched up at the northern part of the park and it was great. Side shore, and because it was shallow, I was able to launch out away from the shoreline and avoid urgency. With that said, accidents happen. Be ready to take on ANY situation. Looking forward to hearing the actual account of this misadventure.