View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Skyway Scott

Thanks for posting Bryan.
When I got there, Chris Moore was already rigged and ready to go.
It was about 13 knots on average (kinda everywhere from 9 to 16).

Then, an hour later, it filled in nicely......
Then another hour later... holey moley.. solid 20 for 3 hours. It was actually windier than yesterday. UNREAL.
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...49&siteID=1428

Lotsa guys out there:
Alex, Chili, Paul, Chris, Randy, Scott Wolfe, Bryan Leighty, SWS, Dan, Mike Hall (downwinder) (I prolly forgot someone, sorry).
Everyone was trying everyone's gear. Pretty cool.. a kind of demo day.

I got to try Chris' 15m Ion in solid 20. That kite simply ROCKS.
I've ridden it in 10-12 (and liked it) and now in solid 20+. I was VERY surprised how easy it was to ride in 20 (effortless actually) because it had pretty good grunt in low wind I thought maybe the high end wouldn't be so hot (that's been my experience with the bigger bows of other brands)
I think I could take it to 25 maybe.. 20 was simply cake.

I'm not so hot with descriptive stuff, but, I think that may be the best kite I have ever ridden. It was very smooth, power was smooth, jumped nice, turned nice. I am REALLY looking forward to riding this kite and bows in the future (6 months ago I wasn't so hot the idea of bows, now I am stoked)

I am going to get one as soon as possible. I wasn't going to get a kite til next season, but... when one kite covers that much range, what's the point in waiting?

I think that for most Florida days, I could ride that kite and the Super Phatty and have a great time (10-23knots)