Thread: Alone at picnic
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 08:40 PM

North Pinellas Beaches were firing today. Solid 25-30 all day. Head high waves and good company to share it with. I think I rode more waves today with my kite than I have in a year with my surfboard. I could see the wheels turning in the surf lineup.

I think I am officially moving to aquire a directional surfboard. I have tried some on and off over the years but never really liked it. Weird cuz I have surfed all my life. Anyways, these past few weeks, some lightbulbs started to go off and I have found a whole other world with my kites. Good timing as I was started to get bored with my twin tip. It really is a whole other sport in itself.

There are a few boards out there that are good transitional boards into riding waves. The Schinn Wave is on loan at the shop for anyone interested in trying it out. You can ride it as a direction or a twin tip. Again, good for someone that is used to a TT but want to try a directional as well. SS has one as well called the FUSE. I think I may have found my race board as well.

I feel for the weekend warriors. It seems that all the good wind is coming during the weekday this year. What gives??? Hang in there warriors, you luck is bound to change.....just not this weekend.