View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 03:24 PM

I guess whining was the wrong word to use but this same topic has been beaten to death this year. That was all I was saying...

Recently I have tried to start taking the approach from the other side, thinking about how it would feel if I were thinking of starting to take up a sport, then reading the local forum and seeing how "welcome" I would feel after reading a thread like this and/or some of the others that have been put up this year (one by me)...

The growth WILL happen. Embrace it or lose. Like others have said, there are ALWAYS opportunities for us to have those sessions we used to have, and there are lots of POSITIVES to added riders yet we seem to always focus on the negatives. You will probably not have a hard time finding someone to ride with or someone to watch your back, soon there will be Wal-Mart GREAT VALUE brand kites on sale for $149.99 complete and best of all, you get to meet a bunch of cool new people that you never would have known otherwise...The past is just that...the past. I think growth is a good thing for the sport and like to live for today and the future instead of for yesterday...

Last edited by toby wilson; 05-30-2007 at 05:18 PM.