View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFKiter
Hey Rick,

Well, as some may know, Tyndall is an Airforce base located inbetween panama city and mexico beach. The actual Tyndall tower is located way out in the gulf of mexico, i've tried to look up it's exact location, but haven't had any luck. I can ask a fellow kiter friend, who is a pilot at Tyndall AFB, about it, he may know more. This is the only pic ive found of the tower:

I use the sensor on the tower more like a buoy or indicator of the winds forcasted. It is usally about 10mph higher than the actual wind speed here in PCB. If you look at the sensor readings for Tyndall vs. the Tyndall tower you will see the difference. hope this helps uncover some of the Mystery~~

LFKiter
Thanks for handling the mystery! Although I was hoping to travel up to the Panhandle in lieu have going out of country for steady winds. Next time! The photo is helpful too, thanks.

I would think that a 10 mph error would miff some of the pilots. Sometimes I thought the Lake Worth wind meter read about 3 to 5 mph high. It is down currently so I guess we will see what happens when it is brought back online.

Truth will set you free but with less wind in this case, damn!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi