View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Sounds like an epic session Mike! Your waves sound like something out of Tahiti. Could guys paddle into them? Do you have hard bottom out there in places or is it all sand?

Imagine, blowing off 20 to 25 kt. winds, no squalls, great waves and sunny weather in the afternoon? Amazing.

I imagine your waves are shaped a bit differently around Boynton Inlet and the sand bar there. In Delray approaching low tide there was a fairly calm area out to about 100 yards followed by a zone of breakers about 30 yards wide. It was often calm enough to charge ramping waves at high speed and boost big. Anyway we could schedule a weekend of these conditions a couple of times a month?
Easy does it Rick, Lets not confuse the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic . The Atlantic is mild in comparison. I haven't the balls to Kite Tahiti. I saw a few pic's of a guy kiting Teehapoo and all I can say is WOW

There were about 5 or so surfers out taking the drift and hooking up on some nice sections, But I could see them jones-in cause of all the speed and the nuggets I was getting. I stopped and talked to a long time buddy of mine and he asked "Do you even surf any more?"

I laughed and said "NOT when it windy"

I CAN'T imagine blowing off 20-25kts that's just sacrilegious

There some hard bottom on the inside-south side of the Inlet, But mostly sand bottom. The thing is with all the wind were had since NOV it manicured the sand bars and last night proved it. It was by far the best Surf/wind session this year.

Today/this afternoon is not quite as windy, But it should still be FUN. I should pull a down-winder to Delray and hook-up w/you. Perhaps this weekend.