View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 12:23 PM

Bryan-
I think your last post was right on the money. Most of us "don't bite the hand that feeds us" and that includes friends and instructors. I think that the number one concern for everyone should be safety. If any of us (new or old) sees someone attempting to or start to do something that looks dangerous/stupid, etc it is necessary to step up and say something.

I know its easy to get frustrated with these people and to tell them to find somewhere else to ride. However, if they're attempting to launch a kite straight downwind, etc it may only take one minute of someone's time and the guy can learn the correct way and will probably never do it again. I think a lot of times people are NOT trying to be stupid and dangerous... they just don't know, or are confused. If they get cocky with you and tell you off, all 5'3 of me has got your back. (I bet I could convince my 6'6 boyfriend to step in too).

Seriously though, try to keep your cool, definitely say something, and take it from there. I think the flyers are a great idea. You know those plastic things people put in their front yards to sell their house? The things that say "take one" or whatever? We could stick one of those at EB, maybe Skyway, etc with an info flyer with the info you mentioned.