View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Default sorry its so long

obviously i'm in. I'm outta town from march 29th thru April 7th so i will be unable to attend the first and maybe second meeting. I'll get with steve before i leave and make sure he has my thoughts).

Just a summary of the products we discussed for people that either weren't around last year and have no clue what we're talking about, or for those that need a reminder...

Rash guard: $$, people wanting to wear whatever they're comfortable in to ride (t-shirt, jersey, wetsuit top, etc). people will forget them at home, ordering different sizes, etc.

bands: difficult to see from far away. people will lose them and forget them at home. differentiates levels but no obvious benefits from more than a few feet away.

Ribbons: will be attached to lines and/or kite. We all borrow each others kites. If Gabe (instructor) lets me use his kite, i will be flying with a ribbon giving the impression that i'm a much more experienced kiter which could lead to assumptions which is always potentially dangerous

patch: sewn on, so that's a plus because people couldn't forget it. If there was a visitor rider from somewhere else, it would be difficult to give them the product. Finding somewhere to sew the patch on that would still it allowed to be visible from a decent distance would be tough.

tags: tags would basically be a type of laminated luggage tag. inside card would be a bright color and there is a place on the back for emergency contact information. Tag can be attached to d-ring or spreader bar or handle on harness- riders choice. Attached with rubber loop that has a decent amount of stretch in it in case its put under stress. We trade out kites and bars and boards with others and self but most people will use the same harness all day, eliminating any need to move it.

There are of course pros and cons to ANY product, but with surveys and product research, we agreed as a group that tags would be most efficient.