View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 02:14 PM

Default Cabrinha leash attachment on eyelet

Just passing on my experience at EB today for the benefit of riders over 200 lbs'. What great conditions today BTW. I think us big guys put more pressure on our equipment and thus, sustain more breakage. Is it our love of beer that gets us in trouble?

I have an 08 SB3 quiver of kites that I love.

However I am in need of replacing the loop that hooks into the harness bar after what happened today.

The stainless steel swivel pin that holds the release pin, broke off while I was half between EB and SWW. Luckily I has able to wrap the CL around my harness and limp (ride) home to EB. It was fun trying to relaunch the kite unhooked.

I checked out the new IDS bar on the beach and saw that this year's leash attachment is a stout eyelet and not a small pin that can break. It looks like that part will easily work with my '08 bar.

Bottom line, big guys that boost a lot should swap out this part if you have an 08 or older Cabrinha bar. If this popped loose on a big jump, I would have had my first unhooked boost and people would be blogging here talking about my broken leg or dislocated shoulder.

Anyway, I thought the big guys out there might find this helpful as it seems like us meat hooks find all the weaknesses in the gear. I was glad to see Cabrinha continually fixing their design.

See you all next sesh!

Gris

Keep it real!