View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
Once again........ 5th lines work and save lives. Whether it be a C, Bow, Or hybrid. If you hook it up correctly then you will never go back to 4 lines.
You can discuss all the different possibilities til the wind blows but I've ridden 5th on C's, bow's and Hybrids for 3 years with no problems. Ya'll know how I ride so if it stands up to my crazy sh*t then it will work for almost any rider.
IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY IN PINELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(4 line bows and hybrids will get someone killed here this year once the wind really picks up)

PS... Inferno: I got knocked unconscious in 35-40 knots last season doing a double back double kiteloop. The only thing that saved my life was the 5th line. When I came too it was sitting there waiting for me and not pulling at all. It DOES work!!!!
i have no doubt it will work, my only concern is that if you dont have a stopper placed on the fifth line in the right spot, then the bar will slide far enough so that when you try to pull it back the rear line may end up pulling the kite into inversion (hard to explain in writing) and this could also cause a bridle wrapping on the wing tip......

i just dont want any newer riders to think its as easy as adding a fifth line to a bow and attatching your leash to it.... thats all
(i personally switched back to C-Kites for there 5th line safety)

btw Jay what kite did you try that on..... i just got an 07 8m torch that im dying to try in 35+