View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Paul put together a clip of one of the early pool sessions, see above.

We had another one last night in a 50 m pool as opposed to the normal 25 m one. Wow, what a difference. Plus Martin served up a more intense session for conditioning, not to be repeated but per every few months. That is to allow yourself to recover! Kicked some butt, interesting all the same. Looking forward to more.

I think the workout consisted of swimming australian crawl breathing after 5, 7 and 10 strokes for 300 m. Then we sprinted 25 m UW with short fins followed by 25 m sprint on the surface in teams of three, relay style. Then we did 25 m with the kick board perpendicular to travel followed by 25 m planning. Then we put on long fins or monofin in my case and in teams of three did 50 m UW with a turn and a few strokes in the return direction for six reps I think. I must be forgetting something. We closed with some negative pressure exercises in the deepend. Exercises were generally separated by a 100 m swim. Nikki (Nicci?) walked along as safety looking for swimmer, SBO problems. She thought I may have had some signs after what I thought was an easier 50 m plus UW swim. Maybe not so easy, SBO can deceive you.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 01-13-2008 at 11:42 AM.