View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 08:26 AM
Skyway Scott

I understand BF too. Thing is, I consider myself a sailor more than an extreme sports guy, at heart. Heck, that's one reason I simply don't care that I still have only 5 tricks after 6 years.

So, if I am on the water and just cruising looking at dolphins and "such :twisted: " and coming back to where I started, I am pretty happy. I can do that in solid 9 knots.

I also only weigh 155 and am willing to be seen on a glide or skimboard.
I spend 20% of my money (or less) on light wind kiting (a light wind board). The biggest kite I need is a 16m C or currently any 14m Bow to ride in 10 (with a Glide or similar), and most of those bows will go up to 16 knots or more (easy)

St. Pete, like I said, doesn't even get reasonable light wind in the summer, it gets sub light wind :evil: . So, I think that affects your guys opinion of light wind, IMO. The wind is HOT and it's only blowing 8 knots.
Thats like 6knots in the winter. That sucks!!
So, yeah, that aint worth a dime, I agree with BF, sub light wind kiting isn't even do-able and of course it sucks to sink and schlog around!
It won't be much longer til the wind picks up.

Our we going to race on light wind days (11-13) this year, BayFlite ? :P
Tom and I raced to the back side of skyway and back once last year (from EB). It was fun, he beat me :?