View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Skyway Scott

This type of situation sounds familiar. Someone posting before they "make the call" to Daryl or another shop, company. Have you made Daryl aware of your "snag" with Best?

We were definitely out of the '06 stuff their for awhile and in a bind. That's probably why he felt Best might get to you before he could and
I am sure Daryl felt bad about sending out the wrong bar and not having one in hand for you. He probably thought you may not get his service in the future because of that snaffu.

I don't work at Extreme anymore (not because I didn't love it) mainly because of family and financial reasons. I received your initial e-mail on this subject and it was confusing to me and Daryl.
Why? Because we had NOTHING but Waroo bars in stock and no "normal" Best bars (intentionally) in stock since the day I got there. Somehow that one slipped in there with Best's shipment to us.

Daryl was sincere in his apology and felt bad that we sent the wrong bar out. I can't remember the specifics after that point and I was gone a week later, anyway.
We sold so many waroos (per week) and bars it would make your head spin. But I do remember this situation b/c it was so odd that we mailed out a non-waroo bar.

While working with Daryl I was only more impressed (than while a customer) with Daryl's commitment to providing the best possible service, prices, and attention to putting people on equipment which he believes is best for them, not just good for his pocket book.
I fthought this was true before I worked there, then after seeing it day in and out for five months, it just became obvious that Daryl takes kiteboarding specific sales and service very seriously.

I am confident Daryl, if notified about the situation directly (as opposed to through me via an email with a link to this thread) would do the "right thing".
I never witnessed anything less from him and Kristin.