Thread: Best @ Wsw
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 12:19 PM
popeye

Wow been away for awhile and didn't even know they were selling Best now!

It's probably true that the shop has a history of bashing best and it's retailers (who doesn't?)... etc, but hey so what, that's how it works if you are trying to sell another product right!

I say it's a good thing they started selling Monkey and now Best. Honestly, Best's gear hardly ever fails and when it does they are quick to replace it (unless they are back ordered of course, but every company has that issue now and then). Since I ride Best gear myself, I would love to see a few more people selling it locally.

I usually order my stuff from http://www.oceanextremesports.com because as far as I know they sell more best gear than best themselves so the prices are good. When I called they had 300 bars in stock. Best had none in stock because they shipped them all to extreme... that gives you an idea of how much Best gear extreme sells.

Problem is, they are on the east coast so I can't see or hold what I'm buying...

Randy sells and demos Best gear, and St. Pete Kite Sport has been dealing and demo'ing best gear for YEARS now... longer than anyone else in the area. He was the first guy with a hellfish...remember that?

It's no surprise that WSW would *FINALLY* start selling Best instead of fighting it... fact is Best has the one of the best warranties in the industry and the gear is excellent. Face it they became popular despite the bashing because their customer service really IS as good as the products. Yeah they screw up now and then...

Personally, I've never seen a best kite rupture, explode, or otherwise self destruct. The 06 seam problem hasn't popped up on any of the 06 waroos locally (we have a lot of them here) so it is a non-issue. I have two 06 waroos myself.

Guys, competition means lower prices... and if WSW can beat extreme's prices (they say they beat any price on their website), then we are gonna get kites ultra cheap No point in dredging up harsh words from the past... I say let their actions speak and see where they leads us.

I think I just pimped every shop. Do I need to pay an advertising fee?

-tom

Last edited by popeye; 06-04-2007 at 01:15 PM.