View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 AM

Default Hazards at North Skyway

Yesterday at the Backside of the Skyway, one of our local riders fell on the boat hull located about 100 yards offshore.The end result was a MAJOR GASH on his arm, resulting in a whole bunch of stitches. I know for fact that this guy has had plenty of lessons and is improving rapidly, but bad things happen to good people in this sport.Hope you heal quick buddy.....

The Skyway is probably the sketchiest spot in town to launch, but always seems to be filled with inexperienced pilots who probably have no clue as to the dangers that are out there. The trees, cars and people are right on the waters edge, so launch well offshore(100 yards) if youre still learning. Beware of the boat hull, which is marked with a crab trap buoy, it will kill you....
We should find a way to get rid of the rest of that thing. I dont want to see any more of my friends going to the hospital. Too bad the Unimog is gone, that would be the perfect tool to snatch that death trap out with(at low tide).We could try digging it up, but would take several people to drag it out. Any1 interested in helping in the next few weeks?

One more thing... Wear some booties. A cut on your foot wil also take you off the water for a few weeks.