Thread: dumb question
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Skyway Scott

The end of the season (kite wise) is the best time to get a brand new kite (if you don't like used kites), unless you really badly want this year's models (there is only one size for this year I "need") because the price on some them, depending on how many are left over, drop like rocks. Some brands drop ridiculously low, probably revealing their true value.

Deals are all over for the next couple of months, especially at places that do a lot of online selling and buy in volume.
I remember last summer, Daryl literally asked to get as much "left over" 'roos as possible from Best and we were selling like 8 a day (they were selling themselves, truth be told) at a decent (not insane) discount to make room for the new waroos. The time frame was very short as I remember it, and not even really marketed. Word of mouth is all that was needed to clear out the 'roos pretty friggin fast.

Lots of brands actually sell out before the end of season and don't need clearance like that. For some, you will see some bow/hybrids advertised cheap if they didn't sell much during the season. Just look around for them or call shops
Danny is the pro in doing this, for sure.